Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Outdoor Furniture-Part 2!!

I'm back to show you the end results of the outdoor furniture!

So we built 4 of the chairs from ana-white.com and then we got a little crazy and built somethings on our own. We made a love seat, coffee table and a little end table. We basically took the same concept of the chair but made it bigger. And the tables...Tim just whipped those together one day when I was at work. I guess you can say we are really into building our own furniture now! Our next big build will be our bed!! Woo-Hoo!! I'm beyond excited for that day! More on that on a later date!!

Our next step was picking out the stain color. We wanted something on the dark side but we still wanted to see the wood. I can't remember the name of the stain...hold on..Oxford Brown from I believe Lowe's. And to be honest...there's a good chance that that isn't the real color. The paint guy, let me re-phrase that, The paint KID had no idea what he was doing! We stood back there and watched him guess what he was doing for about 20 minutes, but whatever he did we love!









All we did with the stain was, coat a piece of wood and then wipe it down. Note to self: Don't listen to your sweet husband and wear gloves. :) I was COVERED in stain!! Ok I'll stop rambling and get to the goods!


So here's the deck before...


AND AFTER!! The cushions we got at Target for $10 a piece and those pillows are just pillows from around the house. I'm waiting until outdoor fabric goes on sale.



So we also bought little planter holder things from Lowe's to hold citronella candles and some cute lantern's Tim made. You can kind of see them in the first "after" picture. All he did was, took a mason jar and some small wire and wrapped that around a few times and then made a loop. Filled it with sand from our sand bow (yea, we have a sand box..) and then we put a candle in it. Also we hung some old christmas lights up until we buy some lights that are a little bigger. Some time soon we will get a picture of all this at night so you can see what "Twinkle Time" looks like. Yup we named it.

We love the end results and how beyond easy it was. And all in all I bet it took us 2 full days start to finish. We did it in about week all spread out. I hope this inspires you guys to build something!! And I promise to post a picture of how looks at night! :)

jo

No comments:

Post a Comment