(yeah, that title is courtesy of Tim...)
First...an update on the chairs!!
Thanks to my good friend Jenni..I found an upholster who is doing my chairs for...wait for it...$50 a chair!! Now compared to some of the other places I called..this is a steal. (One person wanted $180 a chair, hahahahahaha!!) Tim and I drove them up north on Sunday and met Sandy. She's awesome. She teased me a lot for what I thought I could do. I should get them sometime this week!! eeeee!! If you or anyone is in need of some upholstery, contact her! firstname.lastname@example.org and her name is Sandy. Just one tip..if you do what Tim and I did, keep the fabric that you took off. She needs that to make a pattern out of it, so don't throw the scrapes away. Or she said she's had someone take her the chair, she rips it all off, you go back and get it so you can paint it, and then take it back for her to finish.
Ok now onto the latest thing we've finished. I'm awful and only have a before picture from when we first moved in, In the living room, all of our walls are either tall and completely empty or full of windows. So we had to decide how we were going to fill those tall, completely empty walls. We thought out a few different ideas and decided on 2 different things for the 2 walls. The one wall that goes up our stairs is getting a special little treatment that you'll have to wait for! The other wall upstairs got a shelf face lift. We really thought this through. On one of our many trips to Lowe's we checked out their shelving choices and wrote down the measurements of the 3 different sizes we liked. When we got home, Tim took a picture or the wall and loaded that picture onto photo shop and sized down the measurements of the shelves so we could visually see what they'd look like. We decided on 2 large, 2 medium, and 3 small. We went back and got them and then we put those bad boys up. I'm not going to lie, these have been up since February, I just haven't finished filling the shelves.
Pretty much everything on these shelves are from thrift stores. And anything that is an animal or a nick-knack, we sprayed painted. We didn't really have an idea of what we wanted up there, whenever we saw something we liked, we got it. (Sometimes not knowing if it'd work anywhere!) After we painted the whole area and put up the curtains, I decided I wanted to bring in some other colors other than gray, yellow, and tealish-blueish. We went with orange and that granny smith apple green that I am now officially obsessed with. Tim might have to take the spray paint can away from me. :)
One thing we knew we wanted was a big, marquee "F". We had a hard time with that...let's be honest, we are still having a hard time with that. They are not cheap and we can't find one that fits everything we want. We might make one some day but for now we are happy with the foam board "F" Tim made last minute.
I'm happy with it...for now. I'm sure I'll see something at a thrift store that would look better up there. Who knows how many times the things up there will change! Oh and that lamp will be changing very soon! Hopefully you'll be hearing from me by the end of the week with the finished chairs!!