Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm back!!

Wow it's been awhile since I've been on here!! A lot has gone on in the past month and sadly that doesn't include anything getting done in the house!! Well I guess I should take that back because a few things have happened. Right after Thanksgiving and after family left, I got pretty sick!! I didn't leave the house for a few weeks. Then the holidays snuck up on me and we had family in town! So now we can get the ball rolling again! Tim started sanding the kitchen table and chairs. There are a few chairs who still need some sanding but we should be able to paint and recover the seats sometime this week..I hope. He did get the table done and I love it! Once we get it all done I'll put up all the pictures up. I also started our no sew curtains! Thanks to my obsession with reading blogs I found out how to do it. Not like it's hard or anything, it's just that I didn't think to do it! I'm not the best sewer in the world so I was excited to start them! I'll be using this fun trick for the rest of the house! I love buying fabric and making curtains or pillows out of them that no one else have in their house. I'm not sure if I saved any money doing it myself but I like them better!

We are in the process of getting our paint colors all narrowed down. We decided this time around to buy a few sample cans that were in the colors we are wanting and testing those first. We have some pretty high ceilings and I don't want to paint twice! At the last house we were at we bought all the paint and went to town. We had to paint the living room a few times because the beige turned out pink. And we also bought paint that people returned and threw it on some walls...we ran out before finishing and had some crazy things going on. We want to make sure that these are the colors we love and stick to it! I hope that we paint soon...I'm tired of every ounce of that house being beige!! Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment